Sunday, January 4, 2009

Why not begin at the beginning?

A new year has started, thus starts the talk of New Years Resolutions, followed quickly by laughter and jokes about how nobody ever sticks to resolutions. Why don't we? I always forget what I said by the end of the month, or never made any to begin with, or it's something that you've been meaning to change for years so as easy as the resolution came, out the door it went.

Some New Years I am met with no major feeling of "newness" or "change". It's just another day. This year was quite the opposite. 2008 brought many challenges and changes, and I'm just now wrapping my head around what I want and what needs to be done to get there. So why not use January 1 as my time to focus in on what needs to be done? It's as good a time as any, right?

Exactly.

So here we are, new year, new me. It's that easy.

*insert laughter here*

Okay, I'm not that naive (despite what you may have heard). It's going to take a lot of work. I feel ready and willing to take on that work this time. What's the difference? I don't know. Necessity, maybe? Perhaps I'm just fed up with the "old me"? That could be it. No matter the reason, this is the season (haha!) for change!

Maybe some of you out there will join me this year! Let's shed the past, shed the weight, shed the negativity, and go forward into the new year as the NEW you!

Maybe I'll start tomorrow...

Just kidding. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey J! I knew there was another amom blog I was missing. I too have started up the blogging again. I've added you to my blog list.

Let's all try to do better this year. Start fresh.