Friday, January 9, 2009

I'm making progress!

For the first time in as long as I can remember, I've actually lost weight. Amazing! I'm down 6.2 pounds since the first of the year. I feel motivated to continue! Who knew it could happen? The hard part is figuring out the whole food thing. If I can get a handle on that, start eating healthier, this whole thing will be a breeze! LOL, well, okay, not quite a "breeze", but it certainly is becoming doable!

I have so much that I still need to get on track with. The house, the kids, money. Time with my husband NOT spent arguing. Finding a new church that fits us. Making friends. Feeling like me again. It's a lot, and when I look at how much I have to do, I get a bit overwhelmed. I'm trying to break things up a bit, doing a little here, a little there, accomplishing one small goal at a time. I've broken up most of my large goals into smaller goals that will add up to achieving the large goal. It makes it more realistic and I feel like I'm actually getting somewhere.

For example, my house is trashed. That is the best way to describe it. If you came to my front door right now, I would ignore you and pretend I'm not home so that I wouldn't have to let you in and see how horrible it is! My problem is that our work schedules are still crazy and because Baby Boy has refused to sleep, I'm too exhausted to spend any time cleaning anything. So there it sits. The husband is in the same boat, we're just exhausted. When I feel that way, and have such limited time, I'd rather spend it playing with the kiddos then cleaning the house. So today I took some time, while playing with the kids, and cleaned one room. Tomorrow I'll do another, and do upkeep on the first room. Sunday will be the kitchen, and upkeep on the other two rooms. Eventually we'll get to a place where it's just daily pick-up stuff. At least, that's what I'm hoping for!

It sounds so easy when I type it out! I just turned around and looked at the dining room table. *sigh* This will take some work, but hey, one day I know we'll be able to enjoy being at home!! We WILL!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the weight loss. Keep it up. I think I eat pretty well, but I don't exercise. Too tired.

As for the house being trashed, have you looked in my windows? Toys, laundry, crap, crap all over the floor and everywhere. I try to clean on the weekends and hubby and I can crank it out together but by Monday night, it's all back.